Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Taiwanese Primary School Students’ Sport Participation
elementary school children
|Issue Date:||2021-09-02 18:05:29 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract:||本研究調查台灣國小學童體育休閒活動參與現況並找出導致體育活動參與程度低的假設因素。研究關注普通休閒運動利弊，然後特別觀看研究（6-12 歲）年齡段的國小學生。進一步調查台灣體育活動的總體情況，並跟進政府對這一問題的反應。因此，我的工作假設是，台灣兒童缺乏運動參與的原因有很多，包括個人能力，社會影響力和機會的可用性。通過一起解決這些因素，可以提高和鼓勵體育參與度。我用教育部體育署;年度報告中的發現來支持對這一問題的理解，並有機會通過對該問題的進一步調查來證明或反駁這一假設。小學生似乎最大的原因是缺乏空閒時間，鏈接我的工作假設到小學生下課時間都在補習班。如果可以透過與補習班的合作使運動普及化,可以解決缺乏空閒時間該問題 。解決該問題的方法是將教育與運動結合起來，並通過促進體育俱樂部和體育鍛煉來提高對這一問題的認識。|
The research of this paper was designed to investigate the level of elementary school students’ involvement in physical activities, and find out the factors responsible for the hypothetical low levels of participation in physical activities. The research begins with the pros and cons of exercise and physical activities for all ages, then narrows the researched age of students down to 6-12 year old elementary school students. The overall situation of physical activities in Taiwan is investigated further, following up on the government’s response to the problem. As such, my working hypothesis is that there are many factors responsible for the lack of sports participation among children in Taiwan, including personal abilities, social influences and the availability of opportunities. By addressing these factors together, sport participation can be improved. I support my understanding of this issue with the findings from the annual report from the Sport Administration of the Ministry of Education, giving an opportunity to prove or disprove the hypothesis with the further investigation of the problem. The reason for lack of free time among elementary school students seems to be the most important one, linking the hypothetical connection to the popularity of cram schools in the area. The solution of the problem lies in combining both education and exercise, and creating awareness of the problem, by promoting sport clubs and physical activities.
|Reference:||Bramham, P., Hylton, K., Bramham, P., Hylton, K., & Jackson, D. (Eds.). (2007). Sports Development: Policy, Process and Practice (2nd ed.). Routledge. 2007|
Bray, Mark, and Chad Robert. Lykins. Shadow Education: Private Supplementary Tutoring and Its Implications for Policy Makers in Asia. Asian Development Bank, 2012.
Chang, Chen-Kang, and Ching-Lin Wu. “Results from Chinese Taipei (Taiwan)’s 2018 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth.” Journal of Physical Activity and Health, vol. 15, no. s2, 2018.
Coakley, Jay J. Sports in Society: Issues and Controversies. McGraw-Hill Education, 2017.
Coakley, Jay. “Youth Sports: What Counts as “Positive Development?”.” Journal of Sport and Social Issues, vol. 35, no. 3, 2011, pp. 306–324.
Goudas, Marios, et al. “The Effectiveness of Teaching a Life Skills Program in a Physical Education Context.” European Journal of Psychology of Education, vol. 21, no. 4, 2006, pp. 429–438.
Green, Ken, and Andy Smith. Routledge Handbook of Youth Sport. Routledge, 2018.
James, Bahr, LaPrade Routledge Handbook of Youth Sport. Chapter 36 Youth sport, health and physical activity. Routledge, 2018.
Holt, N. (Ed.). Positive Youth Development through Sport. (2nd ed.). Routledge. 2016
Hsu Shihkuan, Wu Yuh-Yin Education as Cultivation in Chinese Culture. 2015.
Liu, Jeng. “Does Cram Schooling Matter? Who Goes to Cram Schools? Evidence from Taiwan.” International Journal of Educational Development, vol. 32, no. 1, 2012, pp. 46–52.
Mahoney, Joseph & Larson, Reed & Eccles, Jacquelynne. Organized activities as contexts of development: Extracurricular activities, after-school and community programs. 2005.
Malm, Christer, et al. “Physical Activity and Sports—Real Health Benefits: A Review with Insight into the Public Health of Sweden.” Sports, vol. 7, no. 5, 2019,
Morris, Andrew D. Colonial Project, National Game: a History of Baseball in Taiwan. University of California Press, 2011.
Tan, Tien-Chin and Chih-Fu Cheng. “Sports development and young people in Taiwan.” 2010.
Tan, Tien-Chin, et al. “Sport Policy in Taiwan, 1949–2008: A Brief History of Government Involvement in Sport.” International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, vol. 1, no. 1, 2009, pp. 99–111.
Wheaton, Belinda. The Cultural Politics of Lifestyle Sports. Routledge, 2014.
Wheeler, Sharon, and Ken Green. “Parenting in Relation to Children’s Sports Participation: Generational Changes and Potential Implications.” Leisure Studies, vol. 33, no. 3, 2012, pp. 267–284.
Yi, Chin-Chun. The Psychological Well-Being of East Asian Youth. Springer, 2013.
Yu, Junwei. Playing in Isolation: a History of Baseball in Taiwan. Univ. of Nebraska Press, 2007.
• The World Health Organization website https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/physical-activity (accessed July 18, 2021).
• UK Chief Medical Officers' Physical Activity Guidelines. Published 7 September 2019. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/832868/uk-chief-medical-officers-physical-activity-guidelines.pdf (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sports Administration, Ministry of Education in Taiwan official website https://www.sa.gov.tw/English/PageContent?n=411 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. Annual report. 2017.https://www.sa.gov.tw/Resource/Ebook/636982002100844211.pdf) (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. Annual report. 2019. https://www.sa.gov.tw/Resource/Ebook/637475158250098218.pdf (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. Annual report. 2019 https://www.sa.gov.tw/Resource/Ebook/637475177067642544.pdf (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. Annual report 2017. https://www.sa.gov.tw/Resource/Ebook/636982009083391510.pdf (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. Annual reports 2005-2019
https://www.sa.gov.tw/ebook/List?id=8&n=171 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sports Administration, Ministry of Education. History of the Sports Administration. Published 15. Dec 2013
https://www.sa.gov.tw/English/PageContent?n=2533 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Sport Administration, Ministry of Education. National Sports Act. Published 15 May 2018 https://www.sa.gov.tw/English/NewsDetail?Type=7&id=1999&n=402 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Child’s health definition. Health Workgroup, First Things First, October, 2007 www.firstthingsfirst.org http://www.azftf.gov/WhoWeAre/Board/Documents/Program%20Committee/Health/January%2013,%202011%20Meeting%20-%20Health/07%20Child%20Health%20Definition%20Recommendation.pdf (accessed July 18, 2021).
• Kaohsiung City Cram School Information Management System https://bsb.kh.edu.tw/ (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article. 黃敦晴, 2019.12.05. 世界衛生組織調查：台灣85%青少年活動量不足，高於全球平均 www. parenting.com.tw
https://www.parenting.com.tw/article/5080815 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article. 蔡岳宏. 2019.11.27. 埋下健康未爆彈 世衛：8成青少年運動不足www.healthnews.com.tw
https://www.healthnews.com.tw/news/article/44272 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article 2019.09.25. 運動不足已成全球第四大致死因素. The Health Promotion Administration (HPA)
https://www.hpa.gov.tw/Pages/Detail.aspx?nodeid=1132&pid=2473 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article 柯俊銘. 2021.01.17. 每天運動60分鐘 8成青少年做不到. Liberty Times Net.
https://health.ltn.com.tw/article/paper/1426080 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article 吳烈安 張春峰. 2019.06.11 台灣兒少的活動量 世界排名末段班!
https://news.cts.com.tw/cts/life/201906/201906111963784.html (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article 朱明珠 2019.06.11. 台灣青少兒活動量偏低 國中生平均一天只活動10多分鐘
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/ch/news/3721780 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article 陳信佑 .2017.01.16. 教改推動20年，補習班反而增加三倍？
https://www.gvm.com.tw/article/36384 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article. Li Hsun Tsai. 2020.01.12. Has Educational Reform Succeeded in Taiwan? 4500-Percent Rise in Cram Schools over Past 30 Years. From CommonWealth Magazine (vol. 689) https://english.cw.com.tw/article/article.action?id=2639 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article. 01.01.2016. Over half of senior high students attend cram schools. Focus Taiwan CNA English News. https://focustaiwan.tw/society/201601010023 (accessed July 18, 2021).
• News article. Chang Tsung-chiu. 27.06.2018. Cram schools contribute to onset of myopia: study. Taipei Times. https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/06/27/2003695634 (accessed July 18, 2021).
|Appears in Collections:||[亞太研究英語博/碩士學位學程(IDAS/IMAS) ] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in 學術集成 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.